What is Safeguarding?
Safeguarding children is the action we take to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined in Working Together to Safeguard Children
A guide to inter-agency working to safeguard and promote the welfare of children (July 2018) as:
- protecting children from maltreatment;
- preventing impairment of children’s health and development;
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
Our students’ welfare is our paramount concern. Buckswood will ensure that our school will safeguard and promote the welfare of all our students and work together with other agencies to ensure that our educational establishments have adequate arrangements to identify, assess and support those children who are suffering or likely to suffer harm. Our Safeguarding Policy is available on our Policies webpage or you can click this link :Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and Procedures September 2018
Buckswood School ensures that its students are safe, emotionally secure and stimulated. Our students needs are integral to everything we do. It is our desire that all of our students form open, harmonious and trusting relationships that enable them to express their feelings and opinions. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families and carers has a role to play in safeguarding children. In order to fulfil this responsibility effectively, all professionals should make sure their approach is child-centred. This means that they should consider, at all time, what is in the best interests of the child. In the light of this, we want every child to develop and grow into young citizens of the world that can take their place in society with strong values and morals, knowing the values of what is right and what is wrong. The students wellbeing is our number one priority. Therefore, we have a Wellbeing hub that is based in the centre of the school that any child or employee can use as a base to pop in for a chat or to use as a resource base or to use as a support centre.
The Wellbeing Team will comprise of :
- Designated Safeguarding Lead (Mr Brendan Commane, who can be contacted by email : DSL@buckswood.co.uk or on 01424 813813 x245)
- Safeguarding Officer (Anne Jeffery, she can be contacted by email : firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01424 813813 x244)
- Attendance Officer (Ms Cheshire, she can be contacted by email email@example.com or on 01424 813813 x231)
- Deputy Principal (Pastoral and Boarding): Mrs Di Durrant, she can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01424813813 ext: 216
Other Deputy DSL’s
Ms Jenny O’Shea email@example.com
Mr Angelo Miccoli firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Gary Morris email@example.com
Downloadable Documents From The Safeguarding Hub