What is Safeguarding?
Safeguarding children is the action we take to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined in ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children’ (below).
A guide to inter-agency working to safeguard and promote the welfare of children (July 2018) as:
- protecting children from maltreatment;
- preventing impairment of children’s health and development;
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
Our students’ welfare is our paramount concern. Buckswood will ensure that our school will safeguard and promote the welfare of all our students and work together with other agencies to ensure that our educational establishments have adequate arrangements to identify, assess and support those children who are suffering or likely to suffer harm. Our Safeguarding Policy is available on our Policies webpage or you can click this link:
Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and Procedures September 2018 (941.12 KB :: pdf)
Buckswood School ensures that its students are safe, emotionally secure and stimulated. Our students needs are integral to everything we do. It is our desire that all of our students form open, harmonious and trusting relationships that enable them to express their feelings and opinions. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. Our Wellbeing Hub is based in the centre of the school, and is there for any child or employee as a resource base and if they need support in any way.
The Wellbeing Team will comprise of :
- Designated Safeguarding Lead & Deputy Principal Pastoral (Mr Richard Maclean, who can be contacted by email : DSL@buckswood.co.uk or on 01424 813813 x245)
- Safeguarding Officer (Anne Jeffery, she can be contacted by email : email@example.com or on 01424 813813 x244)
- Attendance Officer (Ms Cheshire, she can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01424 813813 x231)
Other Deputy DSL’s
Mr Gary Morris email@example.com
Downloadable Documents From The Safeguarding HubSafeguarding poster in all languages (4.31 MB :: pdf)
Who to talk to at Buckswood School (894.20 KB :: docx)
Working Together to Safeguard Children (2.22 MB :: pdf)
Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 Part One (514.21 KB :: pdf)
New My Concern Welfare Form (98.97 KB :: docx)
Visitors booklet (196.45 KB :: pdf)
Attendance Policy (358.12 KB :: pdf)
Behaviour policy (379.46 KB :: docx)
Child Protection Policy (1.20 MB :: pdf)
NEW HUB Safeguarding Handbook 2018 2019 (3.18 MB :: pdf)