‘Great oaks from little acorns grow’
The Junior School caters for students between 10 and 14 years of age. It is an integral part of this traditional British independent school, and it is where the whole process begins as we prepare our students for entry to the top UK Universities.
We encourage and push for academic success via:
- A timetable embracing a traditional British curriculum and 14 different subjects
- Extra English language support for international scholars
- Formal tests and exams three times each term
- The opportunity to study 10 different languages, all tauight by native speakers
- Chinese taught as part of the curriculum
- Communication via the on-line eportak facility, available to parents 24 hours a day
- The unique Buckswood ‘Access Time’, a free facility allowing pupils 1-to-1 assistance from their subject tutors
- Headsmaster’s Commendations awarded to pupils at assembly each week as we celebrate success
- Exercise books inspected weekly
- High achievers joining the Assessment Reward Trips, taking part in enrichment and extension trips and activities
Outside the Classroom
Boys and girls aged 10-14 years need the opportunity to be children! Through a busy and well-structured timetable, we encourage pupils to put away their laptops, smartphones and tablets and instead make time for team-building projects and some more physically active pursuits.
Therefore scholars have the opportunity to take part in:
- Character-building activities, which include hiking, kayaking, rock-climbing, mountain biking and rafting
- A full range of clubs including drama, music, writing, photography, horse riding, archery, clay-pigeon shooting, astronomy and science.
- Regular trips to London (just 90 minutes away by direct train) to visit theatres, art galleries, exhibitions, palaces, famous public buildings, museums, events, football clubs and some of the finest shops in the world!
- A wide range of sports including golf, swimming, soccer, rugby, hockey, netball, basketball, shooting, athletics and horse riding.
- The Junior Football Academy run by our professional coaches.